Porto Codes presents Hacktoberfest 2019
Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of open source software run by DigitalOcean and DEV. Hacktoberfest is open to everyone in our global community. To participate, you must submit four pull requests to public GitHub repositories.
Porto Codes is hosting two hacking sessions so that we can have some fun while working on open source together.
You can contribute to any open source project you like. You can work on translations, documentation, fixing bugs or adding new features.
We will be presenting open source projects by local communities and distribute some prizes. Bring your laptop and join us!
October 12th, 2019
Join us in Porto i/o Santa Catarina and let's work on our favorite open source projects. We will pitch some local open source projects and spend the day hacking together.Get your tickets now
October 26th, 2019
Join us at FEUP and let's work on our favorite open source projects. We will pitch some local open source projects and spend the day hacking together.
This event is organized in collaboration with NIAEFEUP.Get your tickets now
Event logevent log
Open source projects
We suggest you try to contribute to projects you care about or depend on. If you don't know where to start, here are some projects by members of our community.
- nunuStudio, by José Ferrão.
- A web based game engine and 3D editor for interactive applications.
- airpass, by Tiago Alves.
- A status bar Mac app to overcome time constrained WiFi networks.
- hover-preview, by Tiago Alves.
- A Sublime Text 3 Plugin for previewing images.
- hover-locales, by Tiago Alves.
- A Sublime Text 3 plugin to show different rails locale strings simply by hovering on a localized string.
- recall-photos, by Tiago Alves.
- An open-source alternative to Google Photos built on top of Blockstack.
- lannister-capital, by Tiago Alves.
- A secure and decentralized personal wealth manager.
- Ember Help Wanted, by Ember.js.
- An issue dashboard for the Ember.js family of projects